Lymphedema and Compression
- Do I have to wear a gauntlet with my compression sleeve?
- What classes of compression does LympheDIVAs offer and how is that compression defined?
- What is the difference between Class 1 and Class 2 compression?
- Can I request a custom made sleeve?
- When do I wear my LympheDIVAs sleeve?
- Can I wear LympheDIVAs products on my unaffected arm or if I do not have lymphedema?
- I hate when people ask, "What happened to your arm?" Any suggestions on how to respond?
- “Trapeze accident”
- “Just saved a dog from a burning building. Got a little scratched up.”
- “Climbed Mount Everest and got stung by a rare bee, which caused my arm to swell.”
- “It’s a religious statement, even Madonna is doing it!”
- “Yoga accident”
- “Bad case of tennis elbow.”
- “I’m glad you asked, this is my fake arm. A shark ate my real one while I was surfing in Hawaii. The fingers look so real, don’t they?”
- “I am a professional air guitar player. I had a rough practice last night.”
- “Newfound addiction to archery”
- I understand that LympheDIVAs garments are fashionable, but how can I trust that they will safely manage my lymphedema?
LympheDIVAs™ products are completely medically correct. Our garments are registered with and approved by the FDA. The graduated compression is tested using the most accurate equipment available. As long as you are wearing your appropriate size, LympheDIVAs garments are the premium product to manage your lymphedema.
The answer to this question will depend on the nature of your own condition. We suggest that you consult your doctor or physical therapist on the topic, specific to your lymphedema. Currently, the National Lymphedema Network position paper on exercise recommends that you wear a gauntlet and sleeve during exercise if you have been diagnosed with lymphedema. Dr. Andrea Cheville, Associate Professor of Physical Medicine at the Mayo Clinic wrote a position paper about the importance of sleeve and gauntlet combination wear, read it here.
We currently offer Class 1 and Class 2 sleeves and gauntlets which have graduated compression with the highest pressures at the palm and wrist, the gauntlet is specially made to have no compression at the wrist to avoid double compression when if overlaps the sleeve. Class 1 garments have between 20-30mmHg pressure at the sleeve and palm and have about 5-10mmHg at the arm cuff. Class 2 garments have between 30-40mmHg pressure at the palm and wrist and have graduated pressure to 5-10mmHg at the arm cuff.
If you are unsure of your compression class, please consult your doctor or physical therapist. Class 1 (20-30mmHg) compression is generally for preventative to mild lymphedema. Our Class 1 sleeves are not recommended for severe swelling. Class 2 (30-40mmHg) compression for more severe lymphedema. Like other compression devices that utilize graduated compression, the pressure is highest at the palm and wrist and gradually reduces at the top cuff and upper arm, moving the fluid toward the body.
At the moment LympheDIVAs is not offering custom-made sleeves. However, we are listening to your concerns and recommend that you contact us. Any information we can gather from lovely DIVAs from all over the world will help us create the finest products. We do offer custom-designed sleeves, please contact us for a quote.
LympheDIVAs sleeves are not intended to be worn at night. The amount of time and degree to which you wear your LympheDIVAs sleeve will depend on the severity of your own lymphedema. Consult with your therapist or physician to determine how often you need to wear your sleeve. Divas embrace the challenges life throws at them with style and grace!
Yes! LympheDIVAs sleeves are extremely fashionable and stylish! Compression apparel is known to improve performance – just take a look at Allen Iverson. By wearing LympheDIVAs products as a fashion accessory of performance enhancer, you help prove that the sleeve is more than just a medical device.
If you have the time, tolerance, and vigor to explain lymphedema, then we suggest you do so. Educating others on lymphedema is important. We need to raise awareness and increase attention! Divas are exceptional at gathering attention. However, if you are not in the mood, which we understand happens after one too many interrogations, here are a few statements, short and sweet (and humorous for you,) to get you out of that situation real quick:
If, and ONLY if you are wearing a LympheDIVAs sleeve you can truthfully say, “It’s fashion baby!” If you have any stories, statements, or sassy comebacks you would like to share, please contact us!
Sizing and Fit
- How do I know what size to order for my LympheDIVAs fashions?
- Does LympheDIVAs offer sleeves of different lengths?
- I am a male with upper extremity lymphedema; can I wear your products?
We recommend that you consult with your physician, physical therapist or certified fitter to measure your hand and arm. You may also refer to our sizing chart and fitting instructions to assist you in determining your size. A proper fitting is essential for proper care! You may not fit into LympheDIVAs fashions, but have no fear, we are constantly researching and will be expanding to fit more sizes soon!
Due to our 360° degree stretch LympheDIVAs sleeve fit a wide range of arm lengths. Short sleeves are currently in research and development and should be available early 2012. Get new product announcements by joining our e-mail mailing list and liking us on Facebook!
If you fit within our sizing chart, of course you can!
- Does LympheDIVAs garments come with a silicone border?
LympheDIVAs garments come with something better – the DIVA Diamond Band, which we say offers you “bling and cling.” A latex-free, softer alternative to silicone which is printed directly on the sleeve and not applied to an elastic band and sewn in. The DIVA Diamond Band will keep your garment in place and your skin less irritated.
- Are LympheDIVAs products covered by my health insurance?
When you order online, we cannot process your insurance reimbursement. However, when you go to your local DME or breast care boutique that regularly works with insurance, your garment may be covered depending on your plan! Medicare and Medicaid do not cover any compression garments.
- I have lower extremity lymphedema. Do you have fashions for me?
- I have truncal lymphedema. Will you be making garments for this condition?
- I have lots of ideas on how to make my sleeve more comfortable. How do I share my ideas and suggestions for future LympheDIVAs products?
- Can LympheDIVAs create a full-finger glove?
Have no fear, Lower Extremity DIVAs!! We know you are out there and we look forward to serving you. What we like to say is that we are “working our way down the body.” We began with what we know (upper extremity LE) and now intend to expand into what we have learned regarding lymphedema. If you have lower extremity lymphedema, please join our e-mail mailing list so we can keep you on our mailing list for future updates on new products!
LympheDIVAs™ is constantly developing new products and ways to better serve our divas. If you would like to receive updates on the availability of garments for the treatment of truncal lymphema, please join our e-mail mailing list so we can keep you updated on new products!
We know that you LympheDIVAs™ out there have all sorts of ideas on how to improve the existing compression garments. We are constantly coming up with new ideas and we’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback. E-mail us and let us know what you’re thinking about. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
So glad you asked! LympheDIVAs is currently in the research and development stage for a glove and we anticipate to launch our glove line in late 2012. Please join our e-mail mailing list so we can keep you updated on new products!
Ordering and Shipping
- Do you accept phone orders?
- Do you accept international orders?
- Can you send me a catalog?
- What are your shipping times?
- All in-stock orders are shipped within 5 business days.
- All customers with a valid e-mail address are notified upon order shipment.
- Standard shipping orders within the US are sent via USPS First Class (less than 13oz) or USPS Priority (13oz and more.) Delivery time is 5 to 10 business days.
- Canadian standard shipping orders are sent USPS Priority International, then delivered within Canada by the Canadian Post. Delivery time is 6 to 10 business days, excluding time spent in customs. LympheDIVAs does not collect VAT, duties or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be. For more information regarding your country’s custom policies please contact your local customs office.
- UK standard shipping orders are sent USPS Priority International, then delivered within the UK by the local postal service. Delivery time is 6 to 10 business days, excluding time spent in customs. LympheDIVAs does not collect VAT, duties or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be. For more information regarding your country’s custom policies please contact your local customs office.
- UPS Overnight, 2nd Day & 3rd Day are shipped the next business day. For example, if an order is placed on Saturday, it will ship on Monday. If the order is placed on Monday, it will ship Tuesday. Please use this as a guide when calculating shipping times. Please call the office 9am-5pm ET M-F at 866-411-DIVA (3482) regarding shipping options.
- What payment options do you accept?
Yes, you are welcome to call us at the office between 9am and 5pm ET Monday through Friday. Call LympheDIVAs toll-free at 866-411-DIVA (3482) or 413-344-4517.
Yes, many countries are set up to order directly through the web store, don't see your country listed? You may order by calling the office at 866-411-DIVA (3482) 9am-5pm ET Monday through Friday.
Sure, please submit all catalog requests by e-mail us or please call 866-411-DIVA (3482) 9am-5pm ET.
LympheDIVAs ships within the United States and Internationally, including PO boxes and APO addresses.
LympheDIVAs.com accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Returns and Exchanges
- Can I exchange or return my merchandise?
Yes, please contact LympheDIVAs for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA.) You may do so via e-mail or call 866-411-DIVA (3482) 9am-5pm ET. Returns and exchanges are granted within 30 days of purchase. LympheDIVAs does not provide return shipping postage. Due to the high cost of shipping abroad, International customers are responsible for the shipping costs on exchanges.